We All Scream for Icecream!


Ice cream here is completely different than it is in the States. Really the only good kind is vanilla. I'm the type of person that likes chocolate and then a ton of stuff inside the chocolate. My absolute favorite is cake batter from Cold Stone, but I can only have that in my dreams here. The other day, Jenn and I were driving a team for ministry and we stopped for lunch at our local One Stop, which is just that. One stop for everything: gas, quick groceries, antiques, crafts, a few restaurants and so on. Well we had just finished lunch and had a craving for a snickers ice cream blizzard type thing. Nothing like this really exists here and so we had the idea of buying a snickers from the gas station and asking the fast food place to put it in the ice cream.

So we tried it. We explained that we wanted it mixed in the ice cream, but they put it on the bottom and top of the cups. It actually turned out nicely. Next time though we will definitely be using the word "blend" so that it can actually look more like a DQ blizzard. Not bad for a first try though!

Labels: , ,

Post a Comment

0 Comments:

<< Home

 

 

 
Cassandra Phillips
 
Who Am I?
Since I was very young, I have had a hunger for other nations…read more about me Here!
 
Recent Posts:
 

Latest Pictures:

 

Sign up for my Email Newsletter
 
 

 

How Can You Donate?

Do you want to be part of what God is doing here in South Africa, but are not able to come at this time? You can donate to help me stay here and disciple the Basotho. You can donate online or by check. If you donate by check please make checks payable to Covenant Global Evangelism and mark Cassie Phillips clearly on the memo line. You can then send check to the following address:

 

Covenant Global Evangelism | PO Box 367 | Eaton, OH 45320
 
  Home -About Me - Join Me - Contact Me  
 

 

website optimization
website optimization